Sunday, August 15, 2010

POWERCUT


hreedish kakoty


The shade of the dark smothers us,

The rushing air stops thus,

I see the streetlight gleaming bright,

And feel jealous "why I don't have light!"


The mosquito snores resume again,

The bites they make cause pain,

And I itch hard and abuse the man,

The in-charge of power in this lane.


The story of my book goes half read,

What happens to the boy "Is he dead?"

Thus I wonder what happens next,

I switch on my phone but battery's dead.


I count my attendance and come to know,

I'll lose marks if tomorrow I don't go,

The timetable says the horrible fact,

Classes start at 8-40, pity lad.


And I wait in my balcony and stare at the streetlight,

Wonder which wires to connect so that I might,

Bring power to my dead fan and light,

And have a peaceful sleep in this horrible night.


No comments:

Post a Comment